Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Enemy Prowls


This is an actual photo taking off Cape Town, South Africa by some scientists studying the great white shark. Could you imagine floating on a toothpick with this beast stalking you??? This is an awesome image of spiritual warfare that is very real and is going on around us at all times. The Bible tells us that the enemy prowls like a roaring lion seeking to devour us (I think we can insert "shark" for "lion" in this instance). Most of us walk through life like the guy in the kayak, unaware of what is behind us and just paddling along in this great sea of life numb to the spiritual realm. If only we would look around with the eys of our hearts and realize we are in a world at war and there is a very real enemy seeking ONLY to steal, kill, and destroy (John 10:10).

I went through an attack yesterday. I had a dispute with one of my workers and it got a little heated. After it was over, I was left with the feeling that I cannot do my job and I heard the distinct words "You're blowing it, you might as well give up". I immediately recognized it as an attack from the deceiver and father of lies who was putting those ideas in my head. So, I stopped what I was doing and took it to Jesus in prayer. For extra help, I enlisted the services of my wife too. To make a long story short, the enemy lost that one because I refused to agree with the lies he was telling me to believe. It was a tough battle to fight but I can stand and say I refused to cut any deals. Although the enemy is a powerful foe, his power cannot defeat Jesus when we call upon his name. Remember greater is he that is in us than he that is in the world!


3 comments:

Magdalene said...

What an amazing picture!
The flesh can be very powerful except when it comes to the Lord!
I really enjoyed reading some of your posts. You give a very practical picture of the daily experiences we have as Christians.

God Bless!

Hook said...

you captured a powerful spiritual truth my friend - wow.

Phil said...

There is an absolutely great book on how the Devil undermines us through temptation called "The Screwtape Letters" by C.S. Lewis (same guy who wrote The Chronicles of Narnia). I like the audio tape version.